Think Innovation is a cross-sector piece of work designed to nurture creativity, innovation and enterprise in Fife by providing support to emerging creative talent and developing an environment where innovation and success in cultural enterprise are possible.
The programme targets:
– High Schools pupils
– Young people and adults not in education, training or employment
– Recent graduates
– Emerging and working artists and craft-makers
– People in transitory life stages such as a late career change
The project aims to:
– Foster imagination, creativity and innovation within Education by encouraging the use of creativity across the curriculum and not just as is traditional within the arts
– Introduce people in Fife to the creative industries and creative educational opportunities
– Encourage Fife’s emerging creative talents to study creative subjects at college and university and to value the use of creativity and innovative thinking across all disciplines
– Support emerging creative talents and working artists/performers/craftmakers to develop their work
– Promote networking and support for artists and practitioners
– Pilot a variety of ways to provide professional support and development
– Encourage a culture of creativity and innovation in Fife
The key partners involved with the project are:
– Fife College
– ACES (Access to Creative Education in Scotland)
– Fife Contemporary Art & Craft
– Fife Cultural Trust
– Fife Council Economic Development
There are three main elements to the project – Education, Training & Support
To view a video of some of the activities included in the pilot of Think Innovation go to -
One resource produced during the pilot of Think Innovation is a series of short films focused on the creative careers of professionals working in the sector in Fife.
For further information about the partners please see the links below.
ACES (ACCESS TO CREATIVE EDUCATION SCOTLAND)
If you are interested in Art & Design or Architecture and want to know more about studying these subjects at University, then ACES is a project that can help you. We provide advice and encouragement to school pupils in S4-S6 who want to learn about art and design careers and courses. ACES is a national project involving the four major art schools in Scotland. It is co-ordinated in Tayside by the University of Dundee.
FIFE CONTEMPORARY ART & CRAFT
Fife Contemporary Art & Craft aims to present the highest quality of contemporary visual art and craft activities to the widest possible public across Fife, with a significance extending to the rest of Scotland, to the UK and EC.
ON AT FIFE CULTURAL TRUST
Fife Cultural Trust delivers Theatres, Libraries, Museum, Arts & Archives across the Kingdom.
Our website will give you everything you need to know about studying at Fife College. As well as information on our exciting range of courses, you will also discover the many support services available to our students, latest news, events and lots more!
Whether you’re just leaving school, returning back into education or seeking professional qualifications or training, you’ll find what you’re looking for at Fife College!
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT – FIFE COUNCIL
Find out more about the economic landscape in Fife and support for local businesses.